Custom Shade Sails - Commercial 95
Block the Sun, Fly your Custom Shade Sail and Enjoy being Cool.
We offer Custom Commercial 95 Shade Sails to fit almost any size and shape in a variety of colors. Also known as Sun Sails, shade sails make beautiful additions to your patio, backyard, swimming pool, or outdoor living area, and they provide excellent protection from the sun and its harmful UV radiation. A shade sail is the perfect alternative to a traditional pergola or covered porch. Floating and curvaceous, shade sails make an attractive addition to any property, and with the right design can enhance the existing property with architectural and artistic flair and style.
Sail Shades are wonderfully versatile; they can be attached to homes, 12 inch diameter or larger trees, or patio columns. In addition, they can be supported by wood posts or steel columns embedded in concrete footings, and can also be taken down seasonally as required.
120 inches represents the Attachement Point Dimensions
108 inches are the actual
Shade Sail Dimensions
Sun Sails are designed to be mounted under tension. For this reason they are smaller than the attachment points. We suggest a minimum of 11 inches for mounting hardware plus an additional 5% for fabric stretch shorter than the attachment points. All final shade sail measurements will be approximate due to tolerances during the fabricating process and fabric stretch
The perimeter of each sail is designed with a gentle curve inwards towards the center of the sail to control fabric tension. This inward curve will have a maximum depth, or gore, of approximately 6-10% of the length of that side of the shade sail. Therefore, when tension is placed on the shade sail, the fabric will not wrinkle. Shade sails, when installed properly, do not sag or flap in the wind.
CAUTION: If the area you wish to shade is much longer on one side and not very wide on the other, the inward curve could protrude far enough into the sails shape to make long/skinny Rectangles with very little shade area in the middle, or with Triangles it will made the long corner into a skinny strap, possibly making it useless for shade, but could be an interesting decorative/design feature. So please be careful when designing your shade sails.
Our Custom Shade Sail Features:
- Commercial 95 fabric by Synthesis - Mesh material is a 340 grams per square meter high density polyethylene knitted fabric specially designed to breathe and keep you cooler and more comfortable in hot weather. It blocks up to 98% of the harmful UV rays of the Sun, yet remains totally unaffected by moisture and natural temperature extremes. And because the Commercial 95 fabric is knitted, not woven, it will not tear or fray. Shade sails have reinforced webbing around the perimeter and a stainless steel ring at each corner. The material itself is waterpoof, but it will allow water to pass through it as it is a mesh material.
- Commercial 95 Fabric Specifications.
- Class A Fire Rated
- Special UV inhibitive Thread
- Perimeter UV inhibited webbing or Stainless Steel aircraft cables (see table below)
- Stainless Steel D-Rings sewn into each corner or attachment point
- Sails larger than 9ft wide will contain seams due to fabric widths limitations
- 1O Year Limited Warranty - Fabric is warranted by Synthesis for 10 years. All other materials and workmanship is one year warranty.
- Due to the available Commercial 95 fabric widths, your shade sail may have seams which is normal. This helps to minimize fabric waste and helps to keep fabrication costs to a minimum.
Notes: Some shade sail shapes and sails with additional corners will have additional costs. There is also a 50 square foot minimum charge for any custom shade sails. We strive to offer custom made shade sails at an economical price without sacrificing any quality in our materials or workmanship.
Due to the available Commercial 95 fabric widths, your shade sail may have seams which is normal. This helps to minimize fabric waste and helps to keep fabrication costs to a minimum.
Mounting hardware is not included with the sail. The mounting hardware is available below, or at most local hardware stores.
Triangle sails with short edges less than 1/2 the length of the longest edge are not recommended because you end up with a very thin shade sail. Rectangles with the short side less than 40% of the longer side, the gore of the curve from both long sides may be to thin in the middle be practical.
Available Commercial 95 Colors
Fill out your Custom Shade Sail Quote Form today! It will take approximately 1-2 business days to process and quote the shade sail you need.
All custom shade sails are made to your specifications. All sales are final. No refunds or returns can, or will, be accepted.
Jaw - Jaw Turnbuckle Stainless Steel
Sale Price: $19.95
Hook - Hook Shade Sail Tensioning Hardware
Sale Price: $17.95
Mounting Hardware Pack - Triangle Shade Sail
Sale Price: $34.95
Mounting Hardware 4-Corner Shade Sail
Sale Price: $44.95
Last Updated: 04/27/2017 12:17 AM - ID:2125