Treat your pampered pooch to an extra special treat with one of our pet products. We carry the amazing Coolaroo pet bed, as well as some of the coolest dog houses you’ve ever seen. Coolaroo pet beds are elevated 7 inches off the ground or floor and made of cooling, breathable Coolaroo material. The material is resistant to flea and insect infestation, as well as to mold and mildew. They are perfect for older pets and pets with aches and pains because the hammock style prevents hard pressure points on your dog’s joints. Our dog houses, available in variety of sizes and styles, offer the perfect protection for your favorite pooch when outdoors.
Tag Archives: Pet Beds
Tips to Keep Your Pets Cool and Healthy
With heat waves sweeping the country, its impossible to forget to take care of yourself. Most people manage to stay hydrated, protected, and cool, but what about your pets? Pets need to be cared for during extreme heat just as people do. It is important to remember them and keep them safe. Below is a list of what, and what not, to do for cats and dogs during this extreme summer!
- Pets can get dehydrated quickly. Be sure to provide plenty of fresh, clean water.
- Make sure that pets have a shady, cool place to rest when outside. A Coolaroo pet bed is a perfect option because it raises your pet off the ground and allows air to circulate under them. Place it under a shady tree or porch for a perfect outdoor comfort spot.
- Never leave pets outside for long periods of time during extreme heat. Even with food, water, and shade, pets can become overheated leading to death.
- Never leave your pets in a parked vehicle, even with the windows cracked. This is very dangerous and even short periods of time can cause extreme dehydration or death.
- Maintaining fur is a great way to keep pets cool. Trim dogs fur down to 1 inch. Be sure to leave 1 inch of fur for sun protection. Brushing cats more frequently than normal can help regulate temperature.
- Exercise is important, but overexertion during hot weather commonly causes heat stress. Avoid excessive exercise during hot days.
- Know the signs and risks! The ASPCA states that the signs of dehydration in pets include excessive panting or difficulty breathing, increased heart and respiratory rate, drooling, mild weakness, stupor or even collapse. They can also include seizures, bloody diarrhea and vomit along with an elevated body temperature of over 104 degrees. You should also know if your animals have an increased risk of heat related problems. Animals with flat faces, like Pugs and Persian cats, are more susceptible to heat stroke since they cannot pant as effectively. These pets, the elderly, overweight, and those with heart or lung diseases, should be kept cool and inside.
Gift Idea for Four-Legged Family
If you are like me, your pets are members of your family. We have had our dog, Sadie, for 8 years, and she is very special to us. During the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, I am careful not to forget to pick out a special gift for my four-legged family member so that she knows how special she is! This year, my dog is getting a Coolaroo dog bed! The beds are made of material that is resistant to flea and insect infestation, as well as to mold and mildew. The material is breathable and will keep your dog comfortable throughout the year, indoors or out. It is super easy to clean. You can even order replacement covers, making it last through many years of companionship. The beds are low to the ground, so they are perfect for older dogs or dogs with joint problems. They are also perfect for cats! There is a foldable version for portability, and both varieties come in three sizes (sure to fit your animal comfortably).They are affordable and durable, making them perfect for the favorite pet on your list. I know that my sweet Sadie will appreciate hers.
Dog Beds For Your Best Friend!
Proven to Help Your Best Friends’ Arthritis or Pain
Outdoor all-weather knitted fabric creates a superior dog bed product due to breathable material which increases the flow of cooler air underneath the bed mat to help your furry friend beat the heat during the hot summer months. Your pet will love this Dog Bed whose sleeping area stands about 7 inches above the ground or floor. This material is also resistant to flea and insect infestation as well as to mold and mildew and has a five year warranty. It’s a terrific material for any pet’s bed.
Clean up is easy with your Coolaroo® Dog Bed. You simply brush away the pet hair and other dirt and then rinse the pet bed with a hose and allow it to air dry. The best part is you don’t have to worry about the bed wearing out, you can also order Replacement Covers for your Medium Dog Bed (other sizes are also available). So, your pet can enjoy this fine Coolaroo Dog Bed for years to come. This is a terrific pet care product to show your special “member of the family” just how much you care!