It’s National Dog Week this week, so it’s the perfect time to honor our canine companions and show them how much we appreciate their unconditional love. Here are four easy ways you can pamper your pooch:
- Extra Love — Our dogs give us so much love and devotion. Let them know you love them, too, by offering a few extra kisses or an extended belly rub.
- Special Goodies — Prepare a tummy-yummy homemade “ice cream” treat (recipe below) for your pooches. Mine absolutely love their daily dessert. Special goodies don’t have to be edible, though. If your pup carries around a few too many pounds, you should consider alternative goodies like squeaky toys or tennis balls that encourage active playtime — preferably with you.
- Canine Massage — It’s true…professional canine massage is growing in demand, and it’s a fabulous complement to regular veterinary care. It benefits healthy dogs, anxious dogs, geriatric dogs, canine athletes, and more. What a perfect time to give this up and coming service a try. Your dog will thank you.
- A Comfy Bed — Upgrade your dog’s sleep spot by providing him or her with an elevated, easy to clean dog bed that is tops in comfort. The elevated bed acts like a hammock, so it’s easy on joints and allows air to circulate, which keeps our furry friends cooler and happier when temperatures are warm.
National Dog Week is a wonderful time to celebrate our beloved canine companions, but there’s no reason why we can’t show them how much we appreciate them at other times of the year, too. Keep this short list handy to serve as a periodic reminder to thank them for the continued joy, amusement, and devotion they give us tirelessly.
Sid and Smoochie Pooch’s Lip Smackin’, Tail Waggin’ Freezer Treats
- 32 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
Mix all ingredients in a blender. Pour mixture into ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen, pop the treats out of the ice cube trays and store in a freezer bag or other container in the freezer. Enjoy!