Why choose a cedar garden shed over a metal or plastic shed? Cedar is an all-weather wood that can withstand decades of harsh weather conditions, including icy winters, wet springs, and hot, sunny summers. It can be stained or painted to complement your existing home decor, and it is naturally resistant to mildew, rot, and insects, making it virtually worry-free. As an added bonus, cedar looks beautiful and smells fantastic. Because of these benefits, cedar is a natural choice for outdoor storage sheds.
Additionally, cedar garden sheds are available with a variety of attractive and helpful features you can’t usually find in the more generic metal or plastic varieties:
- Functional windows: Fresh air can easily circulate throughout garden sheds, keeping the interior space comfortable;
- Window boxes: Filled with colorful flowers and plants, window boxes enhance the exterior beauty of garden sheds;
- Dutch doors: Close the bottom half of the door and open on the top for additional air and light;
- Double doors: Storing large or awkward pieces of equipment is much easier;
- Decorative door hinges and hardware: Dress up the appearance of garden sheds even further;
- Porches: Turn the entrance of garden sheds into a welcoming spot to relax or share a conversation;
- Greenhouse windows: Create gardens inside the garden shed.
Cedar garden sheds offer so many possibilities that metal or plastic sheds simply cannot. Cedar brings natural beauty and durability to outdoor storage sheds, allowing them to become an attractive focal point in your backyard rather than an eyesore to be hidden from view.