Goliath Shade Canopy
Versatile Outdoor Protection
One of the most versatile and useful structures for the outdoors is the shade canopy. Shade canopies, which are often portable, have four sturdy poles and a durable, weather resistant canopy top that provides instant shade in just about any location at any time of day.
Portable shade canopies can go with you anywhere and set up quickly and easily. Many come with their own tote bag, which makes carrying and storing your shade canopy much easier. There is no limit to the number of situations in which these structures can prove useful. Create a shady spot over the sandbox, kiddie pool, or outdoor play area. Enjoy a comfortable, shady picnic at a sunny park or even in the back yard. Protect yourself from the harsh sun during all day garage sales, soccer games, or visits to the beach. Many people prefer to keep a portable shade canopy in the trunk of the car because it comes in handy more often than expected.
Larger, less portable versions of the shade canopy have more permanent uses. For example, there are some that can serve as a spare garage for an extra car or recreational vehicle. They protect your vehicles from a major portion of the direct sunlight that they might otherwise be exposed to throughout a day. They also decrease the amount of snow that can pile up on your vehicle during winter storms. Enclosed shade canopies offer even more protection for your vehicles and belongings because, in addition to the standard canopy top, they have walls to keep out the weather. Enclosed structures can be used for any number of purposes. Create your own outdoor room at home or at the campsite. Use it as an outdoor play space for the kids and their friends. Host an outdoor party, and never worry about rain showers spoiling the fun.
Shade canopies, whether portable or more permanent, provide an inexpensive solution for anyone wishing to create more shade and more protection for people or possessions. They are easy to put up and easy to take down, and their durable construction ensures that they will be able to withstand many years of steady use. No matter how you use them, shade canopy structures keep you covered when it counts.
For many families, the idea of spending the cold winter months at home fighting holiday traffic and shopping center mobs is not the best way to enjoy the season. Escaping the madness can make for happier holidays — no holiday parties, no baking marathons, no throwing money down the drain on gifts for people you hardly know… So, if you are in the “let’s just get away” camp, then why not escape to someplace warm and sandy?
Before you leave town, make your list and check it twice so that once you get to your sunny destination, you can unpack and unwind right away. Here are a few necessities you won’t want to forget:
1. Beach chairs
2. Fair-weather family-friendly outdoor games
3. A portable grill for cooking up money-saving and delicious meals
4. A portable shade canopy to keep you cool on those hot, sunny days on the beach
When you bring along these necessities, plus your sunblock, swim suits, and sunglasses, there’s nothing else you’ll need to have the happiest holiday ever. Bon voyage!
Planning a trip to the beach this summer? Taking sunblock, bathing suits, towels, and sunglasses are a given, but there are so many other items that could really make your experience the best. These accessories will make your beach time so much more fun (and comfortable).
- Radio Pillow: Perfect for not only the beach, but also around the home, a sports radio pillow is a fun and inexpensive way to entertain yourself while relaxing. Just lay back and tune into your favorite station. The stereo speakers will surround you with music and the ergonomic design will offer the ultimate comfort. You will be the envy of everyone on the beach.
- Beach Chair Canopy: Need some relief from direct sunlight? A removable chair canopy will transform any beach chair into a shady retreat. It is easy to attach and provides maximum protection. The canopy pictured is designed to fit any adult Swim Ways or Kelsyus chairs, which are popular brands sold by vendors nation wide.
- Portable Beach Mat: Better than a towel, this mat will make sure that you experience a comfortable day of lounging. It is lightweight, fully padded, and even has an adjustable backrest. The portable beach mat folds up like a purse, complete with storage pockets, so its stylish even when it’s not in use.
Sun worshippers — how many times during your outdoor tanning sessions do you have to get out of your beach chair, pick it up, and move it to keep up with the position of the sun? It’s no secret that the sun moves across the sky continually throughout the day, and sun worshippers everywhere must constantly adjust the position of their chairs to compensate for that movement.
Achieving a tan that is even in color on all exposed parts of the body is the summertime goal for many beach bums and swimming pool lovers. It’s a constant hassle, though, to keep adjusting your seating arrangement. Sunbathers who fall asleep or become engrossed in a good book can end up with a lopsided tan that is difficult and time-consuming to remedy.
The smart solution comes in the form of a Swivel Beach Chair. Lightweight and easy to carry, the swivel beach chair allows you to plop yourself down by the poolside or on the beach and simply turn yourself to follow the sun as it moves overhead in the sky. With a swivel beach chair, you never need to get up to adjust the chair’s position. And, turning away from the sun is just as easy when you’ve had enough.
Today (May 27th, 2011) is Don’t Fry Day hosted by the National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention. With summer officially beginning, this is a perfect day to remind everyone to take precious care of their skin during the blazing summer months. Approximately 90 percent of non-melanoma skin cancers and 65 percent of melanomas are associated with exposure to UV radiation from the sun. Following these easy tips and guidelines will drastically lower your chances of developing skin cancer, and, as an added bonus, keep your skin looking beautiful for a lifetime.
- Avoid sunburns and intentional tanning. This includes exposure to the sun as well as tanning beds.
- Use sunscreen liberally and often when spending time outside. You should use a sunscreen with a minimum of 15 SPF when outside. People with fair skin and children should select a higher SPF. Choose a sunscreen that is broad spectrum and protects against both UVB and UVA radiation. Always reapply after swimming or excessive sweating, and follow the guidelines on the bottle to reapply every few hours even without activity. (Source: American Melanoma Foundation)
- Wear protective clothing, hats, and sunglasses. Traditional clothing (including bathing suits) offers less than 8 SPF when wet. Unlike sunscreen, protective clothing does not wash off. Sunscreen should still be applied to exposed areas of skin. Wide-brimmed hats will offer an additional layer or shad protection to your face, and sunglasses will protect your eyes from harmful rays.
- Protect your children! The AMF reports that 1 in 5 people will develop skin cancer during their lifetime. Childhood sunburns can definitely develop cancer-related damage into adult hood. In fact, 80% of lifetime damage occurs during childhood. Always keep your children protected. SPF 30-50 is ideal for kids and should not be reserved exclusively for the beach. Make sure that your kids are protected during sporting events, outside play time, and even recess.
- Utilize the shade whenever possible. Staying out of direct sun light can aid in preventing damaging sun burns. Trees offer a shade solution while camping or hiking. Beach umbrellas make a great option while spending time at the beach. Some umbrella materials offer more than shade. Sunbrella®, for example, offers umbrella canopies that offer 98% UV protection. This offers an outstanding level of protection that, when used with the options above, ensures that you can spend time in the sun without risking lasting skin damage.