Once you have your Bradley Smoker, you will want to try out one of the several flavors of bisquettes or wood chips by Bradley. The Bradley Smoker Flavor Bisquettes are rendered out of natural hardwoods without additives to give your food extra flavor when you smoke it. Each smoker has a smoke generator that maintains a consistent internal temperature by burning one flavor bisquette every 20 minutes resulting in great smoked flavored food. Smokers have to maintain a consistent temperature in order to create clean, continuous smoke, or you wind up with high temperature gases and acids that can make smoked food taste bitter or acidic.
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes come in ten different flavors including Apple, Alder, Cherry, Maple, Mesquite, Oak, Hickory, Pecan, Jim Beam and the Special Blend. Flavors are determined by the variety of wood being burned. These wood chips are bound together by using specific quantities at specific pressures and controlled densities.
- Suggestions for these bisquettes include:
- Use maple and alder for ham, bacon and seafood,
- Mesquite, oak and hickory are stronger flavors used to smoke pork shoulders and beef brisket,
- For a sweeter, milker flavor, use cherry and apple for poultry or wild game,
- The Special Blend is specially formulated for a distinct, mild flavor used on any dish or meat,
- Jim Beam bisquettes are made of barrels of Jim Beam bourbon and works well with any meat.
The ten main flavors are available in two sizes of 48 bisquettes for 16 hours of smoke or 120 bisquettes for 40 hours of smoke. If you prefer the Variety Pack, this is available in a pack of 60 bisquettes with 5 flavors for 20 hours of smoke.
Last Updated: 02/04/2019 01:44 AM - ID:4763