A. WHO GIVES THESE WARRANTIES?
SunSetter Products, Inc.
184 Charles Street
Malden, MA 02148
B. WHO RECEIVES THESE WARRANTIES?This warranty applies to the original purchaser only and may not be assigned or transferred to subsequent owners.
C. WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF SunSetter Products UNDER THESE SPECIFIC WARRANTIES?
To furnish replacements for parts found to be defective by SunSetter Products under each specific component or product warranty.
D. WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PURCHASER UNDER THESE SPECIFIC WARRANTIES?
1. Purchaser shall pay in full for the product covered under these warranties and for any additional coverage purchased, according to the terms and conditions of the pay-plan defined in the original order. If the Purchaser fails to do so, SunSetter Products shall be relieved from any responsibility or liability under these warranties. The Purchaser agrees and acknowledges that this warranty agreement constitutes an executory contract.
2. The purchaser shall use care in maintenance, operation, use, and storage of the product in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner’s manual.
3. Promptly notify SunSetter Products of any claims.
4. Obtain a return authorization form from SunSetter Products’ customer service department prior to the return of any merchandise and after having received such authorization, return the part or product, freight prepaid, to SunSetter Products.
E. WHAT IS COVERED UNDER EACH SPECIFIC WARRANTY?
The SunSetter Motorized Awning and its accessories are made up of components consisting of structural supports, a roller bar, vinyl fabric, electric motor and other related components. These components have a five (5) year limited (prorated) warranty, against manufacturer’s defects as outlined below:
(a) Should the purchaser promptly notify SunSetter Products of such defects within one year (12 months) from the date of the original purchase, the defective component will be replaced at no charge.
(b) Should such defects occur after one year but within five years (60 months) from the date of the original purchase, the component will be replaced for 1/60th of the cost for each month of use prior to the claim.
STRUCTURAL SUPPORTS, which include the lateral arms, the front bar and all other attached supports are warranted not to fail for five (5) years provided that the components are not subjected to excessive winds or water pooling on the fabric.
ROLLER BAR is warranted against any and all damage including cracking and permanent bowing that would affect the performance of the awning provided that the awning is not subjected to excessive winds or water pooling on the fabric.
(a) Excessive fading.
(b) Mildew. Mildew will not form on the fabric itself, but may form on dirt and dust that have not been removed from it. Please see maintenance instructions for proper cleaning—outline in owner’s manual.
(c) Excessive cracking or peeling under normal conditions.
The ELECTRIC MOTOR is warranted not to fail under normal conditions.
OTHER RELATED ACCESSORIES are warranted not to fail under normal conditions.
F. WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER ANY OF THESE SPECIFIC WARRANTIES?
1. The SunSetter products are designed for residential uses only, and not for commercial uses. The SunSetter products are also not designed to be used for carports. Any damage that results from the Purchaser’s use of SunSetter products for commercial uses or for carports is not covered by these warranties.
2. Any failure or damage of the components that results from the purchaser’s intentional or accidental abuse is not covered by these warranties.
3. Any failure or damage that results from improper installation of the product is not covered by these warranties.
4. Labor charges connected with installation of replacement parts is not covered by these warranties.
5. Freight expenses to and from SunSetter Products in shipping damaged or replacement parts is not covered by these warranties.
6. Stretching of fabric or damage to structural supports caused by wind or water pooling on the fabric is not covered by these warranties.
7. Any type of modification to the electric motor or its wiring will void the warranty on this product.
G. GENERAL PROVISIONS AND LIMITATIONS
1. The warranties granted herein are the exclusive remedies for the Purchaser. SunSetter Products makes no other warranties to the Purchaser, express, statutory, implied or otherwise and all implied warranties, including without limitations, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby disclaimed.
2. To the extent permitted by law, SunSetter Products shall have no liability to the Purchaser or any other person for incidental, special, consequential, indirect or similar damages of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether arising out of breach of warranty or other breach of contract, negligence or other tort, or otherwise, even if SunSetter Products shall have been advised of the possibility or likelihood of such potential loss or damage. In no event shall SunSetter Products be liable for loss of profits and/or wages.
3. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
4. This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Last Updated: 02/04/2019 01:35 AM - ID:644